You may be thinking that this is a strange service for a direct mail fundraising copywriter, consultant and coach to offer. After all, an annual donor who converts from giving by direct mail to giving automatically from a bank account will no longer respond to (or want to receive) direct mail appeals. If Alan succeeds at converting your donors to monthly giving, he puts himself out of work. Not good. Just ask Alan’s bank manager.
But Alan writes monthly giving appeal letter packages for a number of sound reasons.
- The majority of Alan’s clients have monthly giving programs in place, and find that direct mail remains the most cost-effective way to add donors to the program (they still need our direct mail fundraising expertise)
- Monthly giving saves Alan’s clients money, and he strives to help them do that every day monthly donors give for decades, and Alan is keen to help his clients secure
- Long-term sources of funds from individuals
- Monthly donors are more likely than annual donors to leave bequests, which helps Alan’s clients without hurting him
- The majority of non-profit organizations find that the majority of their donors prefer to donate by mail and not by the month, so Alan’s clients always have a need for his services
So this means Alan Sharpe’s team will gladly help your organization use direct mail to attract new donors and members as monthly donors, or convert your annual donors to monthly giving.
Alan is not a monthly giving expert, mind you. He does not offer much counsel on creating and running your program. The acknowledged experts in monthly giving are Harvey McKinnon Associates.
If you need to start or improve your program, call Harvey McKinnon. Say Alan Sharpe sent you. But if you want to use direct mail to acquire monthly donors, call Alan, the direct mail fundraising expert.
Alan Sharpe is a direct mail fundraising copywriter, consultant and coach. He helps your development department run a successful direct mail fundraising program year after year. And that, naturally, includes acquiring monthly donors with direct mail.