If You Want to Succeed at Direct Mail Fundraising, You Need a Coach Who is with You Every Step of the Way.
A coach like Alan Sharpe.
Recognize anything on this list?
- Fundraising letters that generate a poor response.
- Fundraising letters that generate a low average gift.
- New direct mail donors who give once and never give again.
- Donor newsletter stories more potent than sleeping pills.
- Direct mail appeals that end up in the trash—unopened.
- Increasing numbers of donors falling away each year.
- A boss who demands better results but knows little about direct mail fundraising.
- No one to bounce ideas off or brainstorm with.
Are those the things that keep you awake at night?
If so, consider hiring me as your personal direct mail fundraising coach. I’ll show you how to acquire, renew and keep donors using paper and postage, and help you get a good night’s sleep.
I work with you one-on-one to put your creativity and savvy into practice for the benefit of your organization and your career.
Here are the kinds of people I coach . . .
- Annual giving officers who can’t afford to hire me to write their appeal letter packages.
- Directors of development whose expertise is special events, capital campaigns, volunteer management—anything but direct mail.
- Executive directors of small non-profit agencies who are also responsible for fundraising, but lack knowledge and experience.
- Directors of development who landed the role “by accident” or through a sideways promotion, leaving them flattered but unprepared for the challenges of running a successful program.
- Direct mail fundraising consultants who are convinced they haven’t reached the last page in the encyclopedia yet, and want to improve their skills.
Here’s what you get . . .
- An initial one-hour consultation to evaluate where you are, where you want to go, and to create a plan for getting you there.
- Unlimited access to me by phone. We’ll set a regular time to talk by phone each week or every two weeks—whatever works best for you. But when you have an immediate question or concern, pick up the phone and call me toll-free from 9 to 5 Eastern Time. I’ll do my best to answer your concern on the spot.
- Unlimited access to me by email. You email me your questions and I reply within 24 hours, usually within a few hours.
- Attendance at all of my teleseminars for free.
- A 40% discount on all of my books, handbooks, seminars-on-demand and other products.
- Your own personal writing coach, with coaching done by email and phone. I critique your fundraising letters, thank-you letters, donor newsletters, email appeals, website pages and more. This one benefit alone is worth more than my coaching fee.
- Your own direct mail fundraising program coach, with coaching done by email and phone. I critique your mailing plan, case for support, strategy, donor renewal
tactics, annual giving program, annual giving clubs, direct mail/website
integration and more.
Why should you learn from me?
- I write direct mail fundraising packages for the world’s top non-profits, including Doctors Without Borders, Habitat for Humanity and Greenpeace.
- Non-profit organizations retain my services to audit their direct mail fundraising programs and recommend improvements.
- Non-profit organizations retain my services to review their fundraising letters and thank-you letters and suggest improvements.
- I publish the only weekly newsletter on direct mail fundraising, Direct Mail Fundraising Today.
- My advice is followed by over 6,000 fundraisers from dozens of countries on every continent except Antarctica.
- I have taught direct mail copywriting at the university level.
- I have written a 250-page book on how to write breakthrough fundraising letters.
- I have written over 121 articles about raising money with the mail.
- I have written 25 handbooks on direct response fundraising.
- Associations (the Association of Fundraising Professionals, for example) and industry suppliers (Blackbaud, makers of The Raiser’s Edge, for example), invite me to speak at their conventions and deliver workshops.
- Google consistently ranks my website, www.raisersharpe.com, in the top three websites of its kind worldwide for the search phrase, “fundraising
Is my one-on-one coaching not for you?
My coaching is not a short-cut to breakthrough results. If you need fill-in-the-blank letter templates, you won’t find them here.
If you want someone to re-write your letters, please look elsewhere. I don’t re-write appeal letters. I teach you how to re-write them yourself.
If you want a professional to write your fundraising letters, I encourage you to hire one. Hire me. This service is not included in my coaching program.
If you want someone to create your direct mail program for you, hire a professional consultant. I will show you how to do it, but I won’t do it for you as part of my coaching program.
If you want someone else to do all your creative thinking for you, please look elsewhere. I will teach you how to think creatively and how to write creatively.
You and I are a good fit if you:
- Need personal, confidential, one-on-one access over time to a credible expert who cares about you and your success.
- Aren’t afraid of hard work.
- Look forward to being challenged and pushed beyond your comfort zone.
- Want someone on your team who can help you when you don’t know what steps to take next.
- Need a sounding board for your creative ideas.
- Are excited about synergy, the kind you’ll experience when you and I are on the phone together.
- Want to take your direct mail fundraising program to the next level, affordably.
- Want to boost your direct mail results without hiring a direct mail fundraising agency.
What you can expect from me
I am interested in you. You’re not a “means to an end” or a source of income. You’re a person I respect and appreciate, and value.
I identify what you do right, not just what you do wrong, and provide ongoing feedback. I suggest ways you can improve, do better and be better. I encourage you as well as instruct you. I show you how what you are doing that is helping or hurting your results and your brand image.
I am honest to a fault, even when that might hurt. But, as a Sharpe, I am rarely blunt.
Business results you can expect from my coaching
- improved productivity
- increased response rates to your direct mail appeals
- increased net revenue
- reduced costs
- increased donor retention
- increased profitability
- happier donors
- improved teamwork
Personal results you can expect from my coaching
- improved confidence
- reduced stress
- greater job satisfaction
- improved relationship with your boss
- improved relationships with donors
How much does this cost?
My professional coaching fee is CDN$1,500 per month for as long as you need coaching. You can pay in advance and save (details below) or you can pay month-by-month. My goal is to coach myself out of a job. You will eventually not need coaching. That should happen within a year, perhaps in as little as three months. Think of how much time you can spend with me in three months and of what you can accomplish with unlimited phone and email support and you’ll appreciate the value you get for my coaching fee.
If you cannot afford my coaching fee right now, I understand. Please bookmark this page and return when your budget and my fees are a closer fit.
If you are not sure if you are a good candidate for one-on-one personal coaching, or if I am the right coach for you, please call me now at 519-500-9746 and let’s talk. Decide for yourself if we are a good fit for each other.
You don’t have to sign any contracts or make any long-term commitments when you choose to work with me. If you don’t see significant benefits immediately, you can quit with no questions asked and I will refund the portion of my coaching fee that you have paid but not used.
Ready to push the envelope?
If you are ready to start, please choose your payment option below. I’ll phone you to get acquainted and to set a date and time for our first session together.