Here are some candid observations from a few of Alan’s satisfied clients. Their remarks are positive without exception. Go figure.
“By contributing your expertise and valuable time, you helped make this year’s AFP San Antonio Annual Conference the most successful in its history.”
— Carolyn Kelley
AFP San Antonio Chapter
“I just wanted to thank you again for coming to Humber to share your wisdom. Your content was perfect, and your teaching style a model!”
— Professor Ken Wyman, CFRE
Fundraising and Volunteer Management Postgraduate Program
School of Media Studies & Information Technology
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
“At my request, Alan Sharpe has written three appeal letters for our ministry in the recent past. On each occasion, he produced a stimulating high quality product within the agreed time frames. The last two letters he wrote for us were so well received by our supporting constituency that the resulting donations significantly exceeded the targeted amount for each appeal. I have no hesitation in recommending Alan as a professional copywriter who consistently produces excellent work and in accordance with his commitments and my expectations. I have found him to be direct and thorough in seeking the necessary background information, and creative in drafting the resulting product. My intention is to use his copywriting services increasingly in the future.”
— Gerald A. J. Hayes, Executive Director
Trans World Radio Canada
“We have worked with Alan Sharpe for two years and have found him to be very creative in his writing. Alan also has the ability to put the message across in a very sensitive and thoughtful way.”
— Art Brooker, Executive Director
InTouch Ministries Canada
“Your advice was exactly what we needed. Straightforward, frank, specific and practical. You told us, nicely, what we were doing wrong and how we could fix it. You converted general anxieties about our campaign into a manageable list of practical suggestions that we felt were within our limited resources to implement and that was exactly what we needed. I wish all consultants were so helpful.”
— Graham Stewart, Executive Director
John Howard Society of Canada
Comments from participants at Alan’s direct mail fundraising workshop, delivered at Blackbaud’s 2007 Canadian Conference for Nonprofits in Vancouver, quoted verbatim from their Session Survey Forms:
• “Alan was awesome. Very engaging and clearly knowledgeable about the subject (and made me excited to get started ) thank you!”
• “Appreciated the concrete examples.”
• “Great presentation. Liked the way I need to think about my letters. Engaging, kept my attention through the whole session.”
• “This was a great session. Interesting and interactive. Please thank Alan for doing a great job!”
Comments from participants at Alan’s September 29, 2004 workshop in Winnipeg, on direct mail fundraising letter writing, quoted from their Workshop Feedback Forms:
• “Most helpful seminar of the session” (anonymous).
• “Great tips for creative and effective communication” (anonymous).
• “Thanks for the great tips. Very applicable, practical” (Jessica B.).
• “Just what I needed” (Brian T.).
• “Terrific! Very beneficial” (anonymous).
• “Very practical and useful. Thanks” (anonymous).
• “Well done. Most informative” (anonymous).
• “Very helpful” (Len S.).
• “Very good! Well worth repeating! Very practical and user-friendly” (Graham G.).
Comments from participants at Alan’s 2005 direct mail fundraising workshop in Mississauga, quoted verbatim from their Workshop Feedback Forms:
• “Excellent! A lot of food for thought + application. Very energizing!” (Diane P.).
• “The workshop was great. The room was inadequate to accommodate the audience. Choose a better room for this speaker.” (anonymous).
• “Very useful information.” (anonymous).
• “Very much enjoyed the high energy, interactive, informative session.” (Keren K.).
• “Excellent session. Very useful.” (anonymous).
• “Excellent practical tips! I was jotting down opening sentences all session long.” Avril H.).
“If you’re one of our competitors, please use another copywriter . . . . Alan’s prose gives us the competitive advantage we need to succeed! Thanks to Alan, traffic to our website has doubled, we’re getting more qualified leads than ever before and sales are booming! We received a response rate of almost 3%.”
— Mark Goodin, Partner
Aaron-Abrams Field Support Services
“Alan Sharpe did a superb job assisting us with a new product launch. From the interview that uncovered our specific needs to the final copy that rendered our objectives into written form, Mr. Sharpe distilled the benefits of our product into a compelling message. If you need copy that’s succinct, interesting and persuasive, we enthusiastically recommend Alan Sharpe for your next project.”
— Rex Bledsoe, General Manager